Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Gravity...

This morning I watched my 6 month old daughter throw her little soccer ball off the couch repeatedly and lean over to watch it fall every time. I jokingly said to her, "Skyelynn, it's called gravity. It makes everything fall to the ground." Then, I thought to myself, what a teachable moment for my older kids!

Yes, today's Take Ten activity is to teach about gravity. Experiment with it. Talk about it. Spell it too! And if you need some good background music for this activity click here: gravity music

Here's what you do:
1. Define gravity in terms they understand--don't underestimate your kids. They can learn and understand more than you think.
Definition: Gravity is the force that pulls two things together. It keeps us on the ground. When we jump it pulls us back to the ground.


2. Ask the kids to jump. Point out that they fall back to the ground every time. That's gravity!

3. Throw balls in the air and watch them fall back to the ground.

4. Practice saying the word gravity and then spell it together.

Take Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment