Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Don't trash it, re-purpose it.

We had a wedding to go to and we also have a strict budget to adhere to...how do we go to a wedding, take a nice gift, and not break the bank? This is where one must get creative.

I recently have become more interested in re-purposing items I find at yard sales, Goodwill, etc. And burlap for decorating is becoming really popular so I like to use it in projects too. I combined an estate sale item with a little paint and burlap to create a nice wedding gift for only $4.50 out of pocket.

Here is what I did, and yes the kids can help too! (With a little guidance of course.)

1.) I bought this frame for $2.00 at an estate sale.

.

2.) I took out the backing, the print, and the glass and laid the frame on top of a cardboard box in the yard. Then, I spray painted it an almond/cream color. It covered up the blemishes and gave it a fresh, new look.

3.) I used about half a yard of burlap to wrap around the cardboard backing that was in the frame and hot glued it down. Then I taped it to the back also to ensure it stayed in place.

4.) Next, I stenciled in Mr. and Mrs. Est 2013 onto the burlap using permanent marker.

5.) Finally I placed it back into the frame with the glass over the top.

6.) Here it is! At first I only had Mr. and Mrs. on there, but later added the Est. 2013.


7.) This cost me an estimated $4.50--Frame: $2 Burlap $1.50 and part of a can of spray paint $1.00.

Take Ten to re-purpose something!

No comments:

Post a Comment