Email updates

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's okay...

It really is okay to need a break from your kids. Kids are draining. Today, I took ten, twice, in a different way.

Here's what I did, and you can try it too!

1st take ten:

Easton woke up unusually early this morning and I needed a shower. He took ten alone, with my Kindle Fire. I turned on a You Tube video about numbers for him to watch, while I took ten in the shower.

2nd take ten:

After a 3 hour grocery shopping outing today, my kids were tired, but it was too late for naps. They took ten upstairs in their beds with a book. And that was okay, because sometimes kids need breaks from parents too.

Just remember, that sometimes taking time for your kids means letting them be alone too. I struggle with this because I feel like I don't do enough, teach enough, spend enough time with them, when in all reality, a big part of growing up is learning independence.

Take ten!


No comments:

Post a Comment