Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Take Ten to DIY...

I'm already planning Skyelynn's first birthday party. The theme is zebra stripes and I'll be accenting with bright colors. The kids and I went to the store to pick out some zebra party stuff when I saw these:

It's a tissue paper ball decoration. I put a couple in my cart and then decided to put them back. I have tissue paper, I have time, and I have kids that like projects. Right then and there I decided to make these myself. Guess what? They're really easy. 

Step one: Get some tissue paper. Lucky for us I save tissue paper from birthday parties. My husband doesn't understand why I do it, but why throw away something that can be reused? 


Step two: Look up instructions for making said decorations.


Step three: Follow directions. I found the instructions on a Martha Stewart website. 


Step four: Enjoy your new decoration. 

So, this didn't turn out as perfect as Martha Stewart's but I expected that. I'm not a perfectionist but it did turn out cute, right?

Step five: Teach your kids how to make them.






DIY project was successful!

Take Ten!

1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial! Thanks for linking up on Saturday Show and Tell. I hope you'll be back again this week with some more of you great ideas.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete