Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

To the left, to the left...

I don't know about your kids, but my kids still need practice with left and right. I was reminded today in the car on our way to my parents' lake house. Melanie kept saying "arriba" and "abajo" (up and down in Spanish). I thought, well here is the perfect opportunity to take a little ten! We practiced in both English and Spanish.

Here's what we did:
1.) I'd see some cows and I'd say "Hey, look to your right, there are some cows!  I'd point out the right window while saying it.
2.) Hey look out your left window (while pointing to the left) there are some horses!
3.) Mira, a la derecha, hay vacas MOO!
4.) Mira, a la izquierda, hay caballos, NEIGH!

Great activity, especially when you have a baby in the back who needs to learn animal noises! This activity can be adapted for city folk too. You don't have cows or horses to look at? How about a stop sign or a blue car, etc.?

I remember having a lot of trouble remembering my left and right when I was growing up. More practice, better memory. :)

TAKE TEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment