Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy feelings...

Take ten to share happy thoughts with your kids.

Today my kids and I shared some chicken and rice for lunch. As we were sharing I said "I like sharing lunch with you guys." They looked at me, smiled big and Melanie said "Me too!" Then I said "I also like taking walks together. Do you like to take walks together?" They both laughed and said yes.

I kept the conversation going with some more things I liked, and asked more about what they liked. It was simple, fulfilling, happy!

Little thoughts with big meanings bring happy feelings. Talk to your kids about something that makes them happy. Here's what you do:

1.) While you are sitting at a meal (meal time works best because there are no toy/game or TV distractions) talk about something they do with you that makes you happy.

2.) Ask them questions about what makes them happy.

3.) That's it! That's all it takes to make your kids feel good.

Meal times: good times to take ten for happy feelings!
Take Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment