Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Don't let them perish...

Don't let your kids perish! It is important to teach our kids academic ideas and such, but there is something even more important for them to learn...

1 Corinthians 1:18-20
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God, For it is written:
 
   "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
   the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

As much as I love teaching my kids the things they need to know academically, this passage in the Bible really hit me the other morning. Compared to what God teaches us, our earthly knowledge is plain foolishness! Knowing about God, and what he has done for us is MUCH more important for my kids to learn than anything of this world.

I have been convicted. If I fail in this area, I am allowing my kids to perish. Look for more Take Tens about Jesus!

Take ten to talk about the wonders of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment