Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The truth about Easter...

My 2 and 3 year old kids are already thinking about bunnies, chocolates, eggs and presents when I talk about Easter. As much fun as those things can be, the truth is what I want my kids to know. With them being so young, it is hard to explain in an understandable way why Easter is truly celebrated.

My friend Skyelynn and I have been looking for age appropriate crafts or fun ideas to teach our kids the real meaning behind Easter. I think I've found a really good one, by accident! I was looking for recipes online and saw this cookie recipe. You make it with your kids and each step in the cookie making process tells a part about Jesus and His resurrection.

You can check it out here: http://eatathomecooks.com/2011/04/easter-story-cookies.html

Note: In this recipe I will be switching out the pecans and using sugar ice cream cones instead. No one in my family (except me) likes pecans.

I plan on doing this activity on Saturday night and having the cookies ready for a breakfast treat on Easter Sunday morning. I posted it today so everyone could have a chance to do it earlier in the week if need be!

Take Ten!!

No comments:

Post a Comment