Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A is for apple...

Today's take ten activity was painting, but it also involved some thinking and recycling. :)

Here's how we made painting fun:

1.) Ask your kids what their favorite food is before getting out the paints.

2.) After they answer, tell them to paint a picture of that food.

3.) Ask some more questions before they begin, such as, "What colors should you use?, What shape is that food?" These kinds of questions will help them think about their painting and plan ahead a little before just diving into the paints.

4.) Give them a piece of paper (or in our case, a piece of brown paper bag---recycling) to paint on.

Melanie said her favorite food is apples. Easton also said his favorite food is apples because at 2 years old, copying his older sister is what he does! We sat down and started our project. Melanie did really well, Easton however decided to throw a fit, spill water on his paper on purpose and then run and watch TV. I guess that is what I get when I plan an activity so close to nap time! Oh well, I'm sure he got something out of the little bit he did to participate.

Here is Melanie's painting. I'm going to frame it and hang it in my kitchen! I love the way it looks on the paper bag paper!


She loved it so much she made another painting and we also practiced spelling...

Lower case a's are still a little challenging...I seem to remember having trouble keeping my R's the right way when I was little...practice makes perfect!

Take Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment