Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Stay at home mom with dreams of perfecting all things mama.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clean home, happy home...

Today while I was mopping the floors, Melanie was wandering around the kitchen acting bored. I decided to ask her if she wanted to help me by cleaning the bathroom floor. She enthusiastically answered "YES!" In my head I was saying "YESSS!" too. :)

I gave her a wipe and set her to work, knowing it would not be a perfect job, but that it would help clean the floor a little and she would learn something about housework and keeping a clean home.

Pretty soon Easton came sauntering into the kitchen from the toy room asking for Melanie. When he saw her cleaning he decided he wanted to help too.  "Okay, here is a wipe for you too!" I said. He immediately got set to work wiping down his play kitchen and the toys in it.


While they were cleaning I asked them, "Do you like a clean house?" to which they both answered "yes!"  "Me too." I said back.

Greatest take ten activity thus far. Learning to clean, having fun while doing it, and helping mom. Best part of all, this was not a planned activity, it just came about naturally.

P.S. Be sure to give lots of praise and compliments while they clean. It puts a smile on their faces and makes them feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment